Pulling in traffic
For many years, the founders of Hollman Media, LLC have been educating their customers about the two approaches for creating website traffic. We call those approaches "push" and "pull." See our website advice article for more information on this concept.
As for pulling traffic off of search engines and onto your site, we offer a couple services:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- The copy (text) that is on your site
- The copy that is associated with your site, but not readily apparent
- Barriers that prevent search engines from properly indexing your site
While SEO tries to take advantage of the "free parts" of a search engine, SEM refers more specifically to "pay to play." Google AdWords, for instance, is a service through which you can pay to have your site's link show up in the sponsored links portion of a results page. Buying advertising based on keywords and paying based on results--rather than placement--can often be quite cost effective.